Location: Little Italy Edmonton, 95 Street and 108a Avenue
Unfortunately and our apologies, but the outdoor activities of horse sleigh rides, ice sculptures, fire pit, and marshmallow roasting of Winter in Little Italy are being cancelled on December 18 due to the extreme cold weather forecast of -20 with a windchill of -28 and a risk of frostbite warning from Weather Canada.
However, not is all lost for the event as Chestnut Roasting is still taking place outside the Italian Centre Shop from 1-3pm and Zocalo is still offering Complimentary Hot Chocolate in their store from 12-4pm. Also, Off Whyte Skin Care Studio is offering a Free Gift and Spa Day Package Draw when you visit their store.
Plus, there are a lot of other great local shops in Little Italy such as Paper Birch Books, Violets, and Love Object to visit as well and do some final holiday shopping!
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (1pm - 3pm)
- in front of the Italian Centre Shop (10878 95 St)
Complimentary Hot Chocolate and Decor Ideas at Zocalo (12pm - 4pm)
- 10826 95 St
Free Gift and Spa Day Package Draw at Off Whyte Skin Care Studio
- drop by Off Whyte Skin Care Studio at 10863 96 St and receive a free gift of a week's worth of skin care products and enter into a draw for a spa day package valued at $250. Retail and gift certificates will also be on sale that day as well.
Free Horse Sleigh Rides - CANCELLED
- loading zone in The Piazza parking lot across from the south entrance of Giovanni Caboto Park (95 St & 108a Ave)
- route goes around the perimeter of Giovanni Caboto Park
- first-come, first serve basis
Fire Pit and Free Marshmallow Roasting - CANCELLED
- The Piazza parking lot across from the south entrance of Giovanni Caboto Park (95 St & 108a Ave)
Ice Sculptures - CANCELLED
- carved on-site at Giovanni Caboto Park